is it possible to run an OS other than Windows RT on a Microsoft Surface RT?
Lucifer
2021-11-16 06:12:17 UTC
is it possible to run an OS other than Windows RT on a
Microsoft Surface RT?

I know there are version(s) of Linux that run on machines
with an ARM processor.
Paul
2021-11-16 08:51:21 UTC
Post by Lucifer
is it possible to run an OS other than Windows RT on a
Microsoft Surface RT?
I know there are version(s) of Linux that run on machines
with an ARM processor.
They claim here, you'd run into a slight bootloader problem.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/564308-can-i-install-another-operating-system-on-surface-rt/

Did you buy that on purpose ?

Paul
Lucifer
2021-11-16 10:59:14 UTC
I appreciate your reply but I actually wrote on 16/11/2021.
Where I hail from we only have 12 months in a year.
Post by Paul
Post by Lucifer
is it possible to run an OS other than Windows RT on a
Microsoft Surface RT?
I know there are version(s) of Linux that run on machines
with an ARM processor.
They claim here, you'd run into a slight bootloader problem.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/564308-can-i-install-another-operating-system-on-surface-rt/
Thanks. I'll stick with Windows RT 8.1.
The people on that forum don't seem to understand the ARM processor
is not X86 compatible.
Post by Paul
Did you buy that on purpose ?
(sheepish look) Yes. It was cheap and I thought it might be fun.
Paul
Lucifer
2021-11-17 03:06:51 UTC
Post by Lucifer
I appreciate your reply but I actually wrote on 16/11/2021.
Where I hail from we only have 12 months in a year.
You mis-spelled atheism when crafting your
original two-group newsgroup specification,
which would cause no copy of the post to
end up in alt.atheism.
Thank you.
Paul
Bob F
2021-12-03 03:26:44 UTC
Post by Lucifer
I appreciate your reply but I actually wrote on 16/11/2021.
Where I hail from we only have 12 months in a year.
My PC shows you wrote it on 11/15/2021. That's Nov 15,2021 for the
feeble minded.